Savory Cheddar and Chive Bread- By Kitchen Kimberley
- 2 c. all‐purpose flour
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion salt
- 1/2 tsp. dried leaf oregano
- 1/4 tsp. ground mustard
- 1/4 c. dried chives
- 1 1/4 c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1 c. milk
- 1 tbsp. butter, melted and cooled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar, garlic powder, onion salt,
- oregano, ground mustard, chives and cheese; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, milk and melted butter.
- Add wet ingredients all at once to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Spread batter into a greased 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 ‐inch loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes. If desired, brush the top of the loaf with additional melted butter
- as soon as it comes out of the oven. Enjoy!