Cinnamon Streusel Sweet Potato Casserole
View Video Print Recipe
- 4-5 (about 2 1/2 lbs.) sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- Streusel Topping:
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoon cold butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 13 x 9 baking dish (butter wrapper usually works well)
- In a large bowl, mash the sweet potatoes. Add the sugar, eggs, vanilla, cream and softened butter. Whip together with a hand mixer. You want it to be nice and fluffy. Spread this mixture into prepared baking dish.
- To make the streusel topping, combine the brown sugar, pecans, flour, cinnamon and butter in a medium bowl. Work this mixture with a pastry blender or fork. The texture you are going for is something like crumbly pearls. Sprinkle these pearls on top of your sweet potato mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.