Tuxedo Layered Dessert
View Video Print Recipe
- 2 cups crushed chocolate animal crackers
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Whipped Cream:
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Cream Cheese Layer:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of the whipped cream once it is whipped with sugar
- Pudding Layer:
- 1 family size pkg. instant chocolate pudding
- 3 cups milk
- Maraschino cherries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place bowl in which you will whip cream into freezer.
- In another bowl, mix animal crackers, sugar and butter together. Press mixture into bottom of 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- Take bowl out of freezer and whip cream and sugar together. Whip until nice stiff peaks form. In another bowl, cream together powdered sugar and cream cheese. Scoop up 1 1/2 cups whipped cream and gently fold into cream cheese mixture. Spread onto chocolaty base.
- Beat together pudding with the milk. Once pudding is setting up, spoon over cream cheese layer and smooth out. Top with the remaining whipped cream and pudding.
- Chill completely. Cut into squares to serve. You can dress up your tuxedo dessert with bright red bow ties. If desired, top each square with a maraschino cherry.