Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Bake
View Video Print Recipe
- 18 corn tortillas
- 15 ounces red enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup pre-cooked shredded chicken (about 24 oz)
- 8 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In small bowl, combine 1/2 cup enchilada sauce with 1/2 cup cream.
- In larger bowl, combine shredded chicken with remaining enchilada sauce.
- In 13 x 9 baking dish, start spooning a few tablespoons of creamy sauce on the bottom. You want enough to keep the tortillas from drying out in the baking process. Place 6 tortillas onto the sauce, covering bottom of the dish. On top of the tortillas, layer 1/2 of the chicken mixture then top chicken mixture with 1/3 of the cheese. Add 6 more tortillas and remainder of the chicken. Add another 1/3 of the cheese. Finish last 6 tortillas, topping them with remaining creamy sauce and sprinkling the remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes or until cheese on top is melted and starting to brown.
- Top with sour cream and other favorite toppings.