View Video Print Recipe
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup yellow corn meal
- 1 pound hamburger
- 1 cup red onion (diced)
- 1 cup green pepper (diced)
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 1 cup corn
- 15 ounce can black beans (drained)
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix milk and cornmeal in a large bowl and set aside.
- Brown hamburger with the onion, green pepper and minced garlic. Drain the meat and set aside.
- In the bowl containing the milk and cornmeal, add the corn, black beans, tomato sauce, chili powder, salt and pepper. Stir in the hamburger mixture and pour into a buttered 13 X 9 casserole dish.
- Bake for about 50 minutes or until set and edges are well browned. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the cheddar cheese. Return to the oven for about 4 minutes or until the cheese is melted thoroughly.
- Tasty tip: serve with a dollop of sour cream.