Chicken and Mushrooms with a White Wine Cream Sauce
View Video Print Recipe
- 2-3 boneless whole chicken breast
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup of butter + 1 tbsp butter (for separate use)
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 1 whole stalk celery (sliced)
- 1 large bay leaf
- 1/3 lb. mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 1/2 cups hot chicken broth or bouillon
- 1/2 cup milk
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 tbsp flour
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and sear in 1/2 cup of butter until almost done. Remove from sauté pan and let rest.
- In the same sauté pan combine onion, celery and bay leaf and cook until onions are translucent.
- Add mushrooms and white wine and cook until wine is reduced by half. Add chicken broth or bouillon, milk, lemon juice and heavy cream. Let simmer until mushrooms soften.
- Whisk in flour and remaining butter. Remove bay leaf. Stir to combine. Add chicken and simmer until done.
- Tip:Substitute chicken with either steak or veal. (If using steak or veal we suggest substituting chicken broth with beef broth or bouillon).