Chocolate Bottom Peanut Butter Pie
View Video Print Recipe
- 1 graham cracker pie crust
- 1 4-ounce package German chocolate
- 6 ounces evaporated milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla (divided use)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar (divided use)
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- small peanut butter candy bar (Butterfinger) for topping
- Combine German chocolate, evaporated milk, salt, sugar, and butter in a heavy bottom saucepan. Bring to a boil and continue boiling for 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Pour 3/4 of the slightly cooled chocolate sauce into the prepared pie crust.
- Save the remaining chocolate sauce for drizzling over the finished pie.
- Place in the freezer while beginning the next step.
- In a cold mixing bowl combine the heavy whipping cream with 1 teaspoon vanilla and 1/4 cup of powdered sugar. Begin whipping the cream at a low speed and increase to higher speed until the cream reaches stiff peaks. Set aside.
- Combine the cream cheese, crunchy peanut butter, milk, and 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar until well blended. Fold in the whipped cream by hand. Pour mixture into the prepared pie shell.
- Decorate the top with the chopped candy bar and drizzle with the remaining chocolate sauce. Store in the refrigerator.