Lemon Cheesecake Bars
View Video Print Recipe
- 2 3/4 cups shortbread cookies, finely crushed
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup powdered confectioner sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8 X 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray. In a large mixing bowl, combine granulated sugar and crushed cookies. Slowly stir in melted butter until mixture resembles wet sand. Press into prepared baking dish. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese with powdered sugar until smooth. Mix in lemon juice and zest. Reserve ¾ cup of the mixture and place in refrigerator. Add vanilla to remaining mixture and beat in eggs, one at a time. Pour over prepared crust and bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Cool cheesecake completely before topping with the reserved frosting mixture. Refrigerate lemon cheesecake until ﬁrm, about 2 hours.
- Cut into bars and serve.