Southern Squash Casserole
View Video Print Recipe
- 2 pounds yellow squash, sliced 1/4 -inch thick
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 carrot, grated
- https://youtu.be/ja22EqZr2o01 yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package of cornbread stuffing mix
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook sliced squash in boiling water for 7 to 10 minutes; drain well and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add condensed soup, sour cream, grated carrot, chopped onion, melted butter, and ½ of the package of cornbread stufﬁng mix. Mix gently to combine, and then transfer mixture into a lightly greased 9 x 13 x 2-inch baking dish. Top evenly with remaining ½ package of stufﬁng mix.
- Bake in preheated oven, uncovered, for 45 minutes.