Homemade Strawberries and Cream Ice Cream
View Video Print Recipe
- 1 pound strawberries, stemmed and halved
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- Pinch of salt
- In a large bowl, combine strawberries, sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, and salt. With a potato masher or fork, mash and stir until sugar is mostly dissolved, about 5-10 minutes. Scoop ice cream and garnish with whipped cream and chopped strawberries.
- Pour heavy cream and milk into the strawberry mixture and stir until thoroughly combined. Cover and refrigerate until cold, at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
- Freeze strawberry mixture in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s directions. Transfer to container. Cover with plastic wrap and put in freezer until hardened.
- Optional Garnish:• 1 ½ cup heavy cream, cold • ¼ cup powdered sugar • Fresh strawberries, chopped
- Using either a stand mixer or handheld mixer, combine cream and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Whisk on medium speed until stiff peaks form, being careful not to overwhip. Transfer to a container, cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve.