Orange & Cardamom Fudge
View Video Print Recipe
- 1 cup orange sections (dried)
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups dark chocolate chips
- 2 cups marshmallow cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a small bowl, mix together oranges, cardamom and cinnamon. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a 9x13 inch pan, place nonstick foil and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium high heat, stir in evaporated milk, sugar, butter and salt. Add orange mixture and mix thoroughly. Bring to a rolling boil stirring constantly. Boil for 5 minutes. Add in chocolate chips, marshmallow cream and vanilla. Remove from heat. Stir until completely melted and mixture looks smooth and thoroughly blended.
- Pour into prepared pan and let cool until set, about 3 hours.
- Tip: To make dried orange sections, remove white from oranges and cook in a 350 degrees oven for approximately 30 minutes or until orange sections are dry.
- Variations: Glaze fudge with orange glaze made with melted white chocolate and orange food coloring.