BUTTERMILK PARTY BISCUITS
View Video Print Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, diced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons fully cooked bacon bits
- 2 tablespoons minced green onion or chives
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in cheese, bacon bits and green onion.
- Add buttermilk gradually and blend until mixture comes together; batter will be sticky.
- Scoop dough using a mini ice cream scoop into lightly greased mini-muffin pans.
- Bake for 9 to 12 minutes until lightly browned. Remove from oven and immediately brush with melted butter.