Savory Cheddar Muffins
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons additional butter for brushing muffin tops
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease or line a muffin tin.
- Beat together the milk, eggs and melted butter.
- In another bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, garlic salt, and Italian seasoning. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet. Stir in cheese.
- Spoon into the prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until tops are springy.
- While the muffins are still warm, brush tops with melted butter.