Peppermint Cookies with White Chocolate Glaze
- 3/4 cup Butter
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons Peppermint Extract
- 2 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 11 ounces White Chocolate Chips
- 1/3 cup Heavy Cream
- 6 Candy Canes, crushed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Cream together butter and sugar. Stir in eggs and peppermint.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture. It will form a nice, soft dough.
- Work the dough on a well floured surface. roll the dough out to about 1/4 inch thick. Cut the dough into desired shapes.
- Bake for about 7 minutes at 375 degrees or until the edges barely start to brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- For the glaze, gently warm together the white chocolate and heavy cream. You will want to place a baking sheet under your cooling rack - this will catch any drips from your glaze.
- Spoon the glaze over the cookies.
- Quickly sprinkle with crushed candy canes before the glaze sets.
- For a year-round cookie, try swapping out the peppermint for 2 tsp vanilla and a teaspoon of cardamom, and eliminate the candy cane topping.
- Yield: Approximately 36 cookies