Sour Cream Pound Cake
- INGREDIENTS FOR CAKE
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 4 eggs (seperated)
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Pint (16-ounce carton) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- INGREDIENTS FOR FILLING
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a tube pan or a bundt pan or spray with baking spray. Let the cake cool for 10 minutes before inverting it onto a serving plate. After inverting the cake, sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Using an electric mixer cream the sugar and butter together. Add 4 egg yolks and beat well. Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and blend well. Add the sour cream and vanilla and continue beating until smooth.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat the 4 egg whites to form stiff peaks. Gently fold in the egg whites to the cake mixture until blended well.
- For the filling, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, and walnuts. Alternate the cake batter and a ring of the filling mixture, making sure to end with the cake batter mixture on top. Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Check the cake after 1 hour since time varies with ovens. Remove the cake if it looks golden brown and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Tip: You can also bake the cake in 4 mini loaf pans. Great way to bake, wrap and give as a gift to someone special!