Bacon Leek Dip
- 6 slices bacon (chopped)
- 1 large or 2 small leeks (cleaned and sliced – light colored part)
- 1 tbsp garlic (chopped)
- 1/2 cup chardonnay wine
- 2- 8oz blocks cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp fresh thyme (chopped)
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary (chopped)
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 1/4 cup green onion (chopped)
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Directions:Cook bacon in saucepan on medium heat. Once bacon is halfway cooked through, add your sliced leeks and sauté until bacon is golden brown, but do not brown leeks. Tip: Leeks often contain grit. To wash leeks, cut off tough dark green tops and discard. Cut off root and slice leek in half lengthwise.
- Once bacon is cooked, add garlic to saucepan and cook until garlic is fragrant (about 1 minute). Turn heat to high and add wine to deglaze pan. After about 30 seconds, turn heat back down to medium.
- Add cream cheese, sour cream, and mayo and cook until ingredients have melted and forms a smooth paste in saucepan. Once smooth, add Parmesan cheese and stir well until all are equally blended.
- Stir in thyme, rosemary, lemon juice, red chili flakes and green onion. If needed, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place dip in oven safe bowl and top with breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- Place in oven at 400 degrees for approximately 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.Serve with crackers.